Position: Account Executive
Date Posted: May 11, 2023
Submission Deadline: PR and digital savvycandidates are encouraged to apply quickly. This role will remain open until a successful candidate is selected.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM! BROOKLINE PUBLIC RELATIONS, INC. is one of Canada’s leading boutique agencies, named the fastest growing agency in Canada by PR in Canada and Great Place to Work Certified™. We are looking for a PR/Digital Superstar to join our growing team as an Account Executive in our Calgary office.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment where you will work with clients in virtually every sector – consumer, retail, hospitality, financial, energy, healthcare, and the list goes on! Brookline offers a hybrid work model (3 days in the office and 2 days optional work from home), competitive compensation, paid personal days and many other perks!
You’re savvy and passionate about digital media, communications and marketing, most likely checking the latest digital trends and headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had your morning coffee! You thrive on supporting and executing communications strategies. As a dynamic communications pro, you are determined to achieve results that keep clients relevant with top media and influencers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and/or support with social and digital media projects and clients.
- Develop and manage social content calendars.
- Build and research media and influencer lists.
- Pitch media and influencers for various clients.
- Write a variety of communications pieces for both online and traditional channels.
- Work with internal and external teams and clients.
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations.
- Participate in and attend client meetings.
- Scan the media for issues, trends and relevant news stories.
- Stay up to date with social news, blogs, trends etc.
- Manage vendors or supplies, as needed.
What You Have:
- Minimum of 3-5years of experience in digital marketing, public relations, communications, media relations and/or combined experience.
- A minimum of a post-secondary degree in Digital/Social Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications and/or Arts.
- The ability to take initiative, think creatively, write strong and compelling copy (storytelling) and pitch to media and influencers.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, keen interpersonal skills, and flexibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills with a strong knowledge of CP standards.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a proven track-record to meet tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Desire to go the “extra mile” for clients and your team.
- Remarkable time-management skills and the ability to balance multiple account deliverables.
- Previous agency and/or digital marketing experience is an asset.
- Two-week office closure over Christmas holidays
- Personal “Me” Days
- Birthdays off
- Annual Bonus
- Flexibility to work from home or remote
- Pillar Awards – to recognize and showcase our employees’ accomplishments
- Team building “Fun Days”
- Thank Tanks – internal ‘thank you’ system to recognize Brookliners who go the extra mile
- Quarterly wellness activities
- Team volunteering opportunities
- Extended long weekends
- Buddy system for new employees
- Joining a Great Place to Work Certified™ Organization
- And more!
Candidates are encouraged to apply quickly. This role will remain open until a successful candidate is selected. Please attach the following two documents in your application email:
- Cover letter, please answer the following question in your cover letter or show off your creative digital savviness by sharing in another format:
- Why do you want to be Brookline’s newest Account Executive?
If Brookline sounds like the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume with cover letter to:
email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you!