Account Coordinator or Account Executive
Position: Digital Account Coordinator or Account Executive
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Submission Deadline: May 27, 2022
BROOKLINE PUBLIC RELATIONS, INC., one of Canada’s leading boutique agencies, has grown its client roster and is now looking for the best qualified candidate for an Account Coordinator or Account Executive in our Calgary office. As part of the Brookline team, you will join a group of highly motivated, dedicated and passionate digital and public relations professionals. Named the fastest growing agency in Canada by PR in Canada and named a Great Place to Work Certified™ Organization, Brookline is looking for our next PR superstar(s) to join our amazing team.
Why Work at Brookline PR:
Being part of the Brookline team will rock your world, in a good way.
Swift and skillful, quick-witted and resourceful, our team is driven by its desire to think outside the box and deliver newsworthy and memorable moments. We are hustlers of authenticity, capturing the ethos of any brand and defying the one-size-fits-all approach.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment where you will work with clients in virtually every sector – consumer, retail, hospitality, financial, energy, healthcare, and the list goes on! Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely and hands-on with senior team members to support your career growth and development.
Four words demonstrate who we are and what we do: fresh, creative, solid and professional. We’re in the business of service – we’re passionate about our craft, clients and producing solid results. A team is only as good as its players, and we thrive on creating and supporting an all-star cast with several team members listed as Top 40 under 40 PR Pros by PR in Canada.
From fun days, team celebrations, perks, personal “me” days, to professional opportunities, we know how to work hard and play hard.
Oh, and did we mention that since opening our doors we have been a non-billable agency? That means no timesheets, no tracking hours, just doing great work!
You’re savvy and passionate about digital media, communications and marketing, most likely checking the latest digital trends and headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had your morning coffee! You thrive on supporting and executing communications strategies. As a dynamic communications pro, you are determined to achieve results that keep clients relevant with top media and influencers.
What You’ll Do:
- Write a variety of communications pieces for both online and traditional channels.
- Work with internal and external teams and clients.
- Interact with clients to present strategic recommendations.
- Support with social and digital media projects.
- Develop and manage content calendars.
- Build and research media and influencer lists.
- Pitch media and influencers for various clients.
- Participate in and attend client meetings.
- Assist with the production and writing of new business proposals.
- Lead various aspects of accounts, both internally and externally.
- Scan the media for issues, trends and relevant news stories.
- Stay up to date with social news, blogs, trends etc.
- Utilize tracking software programs to create reports on key metrics.
- Manage vendors or supplies, as needed.
What You Have:
- Minimum of 3-5years of experience in public relations, communications, media relations, digital marketing and/or combined experience.
- A minimum of a post-secondary degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Arts and/or Digital/Social Marketing and Communications.
- The ability to take initiative, think creatively, write strong and compelling copy (storytelling) and pitch to media and influencers.
- Creativity, enthusiasm, keen interpersonal skills, and flexibility.
- Stellar research capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills with a strong knowledge of CP standards.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a proven track-record to meet tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Desire to go the “extra mile” for clients and your team.
- Remarkable time-management skills and the ability to balance multiple account deliverables.
- Multi-media experience and familiarity with media tracking software platforms is a plus.
- Previous agency and/or graphic design experience is an asset.
- Two-week office closure over Christmas holidays
- Personal “Me” Days
- Birthdays off
- Annual Bonus
- Flexibility to work from home or remote
- Pillar Awards – to recognize and showcase our employees’ accomplishments
- Team building “Fun Days”
- Thank Tanks – internal ‘thank you’ system to recognize Brookliners who go the extra mile
- Quarterly wellness activities
- Team volunteering opportunities
- Extended long weekends
- Buddy system for new employees
- Joining a Great Place to Work Certified™ Organization
- And more!
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. MT on May 27, 2022. Please submit your resume with cover letter to: